When you have grown up in an atmosphere of abandonment and struggle, the neural pathways in your brain tend to get in protection mode, and stay there, even when it’s okay to come out of your shelter. Our brains are brilliant at protecting us from the dangers of bad intentions, ignorant adults, and abusive situations as children; but, can’t tell the difference—as adults—between good and bad input when we get older, especially, if the input appears to be packaged the same. In other words, certain inputs (even loving ones that appear to be similar to old, painful hurts) often trigger old anxiety. How do we deal with this?
Imagine this scenario. You have a computer problem. You cannot figure out what is wrong. Every time you press the “F Key” a warning signal comes up on the computer, like a time bomb, saying: PLEASE SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER, OR ALL OF YOUR DATA WILL BE ERASED!
None of us like to see this message or any message that tell us that something’s wrong with our computer devices. Because we are afraid to mess with what we don’t understand or what we can’t control. So, you take your computer into to be serviced. The technician discovers that the problem was hidden deep in your system folder. Some sneaky malware got downloaded into your system and hid far beneath the surface, just waiting for you to press that F Key.
The serviceman tells you that he can’t remove the malware without erasing your entire system. He can, however, let you press CONTROL F, every time you want to press the F Key. What do you do? Do you let him erase all of your content, or do you use the new “Control F key”?
This scenario is very similar to what happens in the brain when we have problems from the past infect the system hardware of our brain. We can probably erase the entirety of the brain with shock therapy, but we would be a different person with no memories. However, we can learn to press another key or tread lightly around the F Key and know what to expect when we press it, still maintaining the integrity of all of our memories and truths. This is a bandage, at best!
We can treat anxiety with truth, medication, and even hypnosis. But, the reality is, ATTACHMENT DISORDER is like that malware that will always co-abide with us while we are alive. It’s stuck in the neural pathways of our brain. The real peace that we have is learning to circumvent the trauma in our brain by, first, recognizing the problem, then finding ways to overcome the stress. Eventually, we replace old patterns with new ones, like pressing the CONTROL F.
Some of these ways of circumventing our anxiety are as follows:
- When you get triggered and find yourself in an emotional spiral going downward, get to a safe place to be alone. See if you can say an affirmation ALOUD that is undisputable truth for you. Then sit in the silence and feel what comes up. When negativity rises, let it surface, and observe it from a meditative place, instead of in your cognitive mind. Remember, the cognitive mind, is where the problem exists. Getting a perspective outside of the problem often relieves my anxiety.
- Don’t be afraid to take your medication. Sometimes, if you have allowed yourself to get too far into anxiety—sleep and medication will calm you enough to get back to a clear mind.
- Talk to a friend or a counselor. Sometimes, just vocalizing your issues helps you see that you are not in your past, but indeed in your present.
- Lastly, if you are in a situation that continually brings up your past issues and anxiety, you must extract yourself from that situation long enough to learn to deal with it. See a psychologist or therapist for the correct advice as to how to move forward. No one can live in anxiety very long without very harmful, long-term effects.
If you have anxiety issues, managing it is our best hope! Trust me, you can get to the place where you feel as if it has no power over you!
Today’s featured book is “Finding Authentic You.” It’s a book birthed from my own spiritual growth. I guarantee you’ll love the 365 daily readings that will help you maintain a positive mind, body, and spirit. Also, if you click on the Amazon site, you’ll see all of my 15 book— Cookbooks, Novels, Self-Help Books, a Yoga DVD! All great gifts from your friend—Bo Sebastian. Simply go to this link at www.Amazon.com or type in my name. Find great gifts for yourself, family members, and friends by supporting another friend in the process! Thank you.
* * *
A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you feel like if everyday you loved yourself a little more…
What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?
Create a Better Life with One Healing Session with Bo Sebastian
Call 954-253-6493 (All Sessions are done via PHONE, SKYPE or FACETIME.)
If you are a gay man or woman, you may want to direct your gaze to my newest blog: Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. This blog is an extension of my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UncommonGaySpiritualWarrior/) and group meetings about the rare combination of spirituality and “being gay” defines the most important part of us, even in relationship. Join me at: http://uncommongayspiritualwarrior.blogspot.com/.
Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.
Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.
Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. Go directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books:
- Learning to Sleep Alone #Sensory Defensiveness #Self #selfcare #spiritualadvice #anxiousattachment
- Knowing Your Birthright #prosperity #spiritualadvice #birthright #self-actualization