Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Trust thyself: Every heart vibrates to that iron string.” Emerson (May 25, 1803 – April 27, 1882) led the nonreligious spiritual movement of the mid-19th century. He was seen as a champion of individualism and showed knowledge of events before they took place, even with the overwhelming pressures of a society founded on religion, not spirituality. He shared his thoughts through dozens of published essays and more than 1,500 lectures across the United States.
In my search to understand what most people find as one of Emerson’s greatest quotes, I found no references on Google to iron strings, even where I’d imagined they first existed, constructing acoustic instruments. Hence, I decided to give my own take on this quote.
Iron, in the time of Emerson, was the strongest metal available. So, to vibrate in strength to the solo melody of plucking of one individual strong string is our most amazing feat as humans. Emerson is, also, quoted in this same essay as saying:
There is a time in every man’s education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse, as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
In all of this particular essay, Emerson’s spiritual take is to come back to finding your authentic self, use it to bless the world, and get very comfortable in your individual gifts. This should be your primary goal as a human being.
We all have within us an amazing something that can only be defined by stripping ourselves of the attributes that may make an unauthentic posier:
- Anywhere in your life that you are imitating another person, dissolve the idea that you need to be like anyone other than yourself. You have been perfectly created with a consciousness that has the power to change anything in your mind or body that isn’t resonating to your greatest good.
- Trust that all you are and were created with (your looks, your size, your lacks, your peculiar traits) is a gift. Think of one of the many stars who became famous from his/her individually. No one has ever become truly famous imitating others.
- And most importantly, we all must realize that we have only what we are given to work with. So, why try to till your neighbor’s soil, when your plot of land lies in waste and full of weeds. Tend to you own land with strength and endurance, and you will always see the power of Divine Consciousness working through your authenticity in your planting, nurturing, and growing of your dreams to full fruition.
Today’s featured book is “Finding Authentic You.” It’s a book birthed from my own spiritual growth. I guarantee you’ll love the 365 daily readings that will help you maintain a positive mind, body, and spirit. Also, if you click on the Amazon site, you’ll see all of my 15 book— Cookbooks, Novels, Self-Help Books, a Yoga DVD! All great gifts from your friend—Bo Sebastian. Simply go to this link at www.Amazon.com or type in my name. Find great gifts for yourself, family members, and friends by supporting another friend in the process! Thank you.
* * *
A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you feel like if everyday you loved yourself a little more…
What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?
Create a Better Life with One Healing Session with Bo Sebastian
Call 954-253-6493 (All Sessions are done via PHONE, SKYPE or FACETIME.)
If you are a gay man or woman, you may want to direct your gaze to my newest blog: Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. This blog is an extension of my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/UncommonGaySpiritualWarrior/) and group meetings about the rare combination of spirituality and “being gay” defines the most important part of us, even in relationship. Join me at: http://uncommongayspiritualwarrior.blogspot.com/.
Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.
Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.
Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. Go directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]
- Change-Blindness What Is Consciousness? #changeblindness #psychology #consciousness #depakchopra
- How Uncomfortable Are You Willing to Get to Learn Something? #theedge #psychology #yourcomfortzone #spiritualgrowth