Most people have heard of—or experienced—PTSD: Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. A simple definition of PTSD would be a traumatic incident that happened during one’s childhood or life, may inhibit psychological growth and often causes severe depression, especially when triggered with a similar situation.
PTG, however, is positive change experienced as a result of the struggle with a major life crisis or a traumatic event. Although the University of North Carolina at Charlotte has recently coined the term posttraumatic growth, the idea that human beings can be changed by their encounters with life challenges—sometimes in radically positive ways—is not new. In fact, these kinds of positive changes have been tracked for years.
Posttraumatic growth tends to occur in five general areas. Sometimes people who face major life crises:
- Could develop a sense that new opportunities have emerged from the struggle, opening up possibilities that were not present before;
- Experience a change in relationships with others. They can also experience an increased sense of connection to others who have suffered in a similar way;
- May have an increased sense of their own strength;
- Develop a greater appreciation for life in general; and
- Some individuals experience a deepening of their spiritual lives, often involving a significant change in their belief system. This is the part of the study that has been monitored for quite some time. In fact, it has been discussed in psychological circles that any kind of spirituality often can help heal and sometimes lessen the impact of a tragic event, even to the point of helping encourage a person to overcome obstacles to become a powerful influence in the world. Most motivational speakers have lived through PTSD to tell about it and help encourage other people to look for their greatness within.
NOTE: This study does not by any means suggest that some one who has grown as a result of struggle will not at some point still struggle with PTSD. This study also does not suggest that pain or trauma of any kind is a good thing.
Ultimately, this new idea or coined phrase, PTG, a good thing. I believe we can always look for the rainbow after the storm. In particular, when something presumed negative happens to me, I always ask how I can get out of the way of the pain to see the lesson that I need to learn.
The difference for me as a spiritually evolving human being is that I now believe that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. And the likelihood of me looking for that reason, even in the midst of the difficulty, is in all actuality why I heal faster and have a more positive attitude about life in general.
This year, if you desire to commit to a change for a New Year’s Resolution, do it with your MIND first. Remember, as in the title of my new book coming out just in time to help you with this (in March)… lol… that all change happens in your mind, first. You must change your Old Story, to make a consistent and long lasting change in Your Life.
Are you in need of Life or Spiritual Coaching? I’ve been a life coach and clinical hypnotherapist and minister of New Thought for 25 years. I do my sessions online, so you can even have your session in bed, so that you can go directly to sleep during the hypnosis session. You must have a laptop or a notebook to do these sessions, either on Skype or Facetime. You can give me a call at 954-253-6493. My fee is $95 for an hour.
You can find all of my Books by Category at http://www.bosebastian.com/new-page/ All of these books have been birthed from my own spiritual growth. I guarantee you’ll enjoy how each will help you maintain a positive mind, body, and spirit. Also, if you click on the Amazon site, you’ll see all of my 15 book— Cookbooks, Novels, Self-Help Books, a Yoga DVD! All great gifts from your friend—Bo Sebastian. Simply go to this link at www.Amazon.com or type in my name. Find great gifts for yourself, family members, and friends by supporting another friend in the process! Thank you.
* * *
A Single Session w/Bo Sebastian
What would you be if you loved and gave compassion unconditionally… to yourself first and then to others?
If you could imagine yourself so connected to God Source that everything you thought and every action you completed you trusted could heal yourself and, ultimately the world around you?
Bo works with people on SKYPE and FaceTime all over the world. He is taking new clients now. Call 954-253-6493 for information.
Take the time to look at Bo’s bookshelf of self-help books, novels, healing downloads, and yoga DVD. All of Bo’s books help people such as you, make SIGNIFICANT CHANGE with habits, find your SOULMATE, your PASSION, reach YOUR DREAMS, and dictate your own FUTURE.
Chosen to show his new hypnotherapeutic techniques on The Learning Channel (TLC) and also given the opportunity to teach at the world conference for Learning, and received the award of excellence for Helping Overcome Obesity in Nashville, Bo Sebastian is the writer and director of Finding Authentic You and Uncommon Gay Spiritual Warrior. Go directly to Amazon/Amazon Kindle to buy any of his wonderfully inspired books: ]
- Anticipate Greatness #anticipategreatness #powerofwords #Scienceofmind #spiritualadvice
- The Search for God #spiritualgrowth #Scienceofmind #psychology #spiritualadvice