I have a friend who has been on a downward spiral for far too long. His path started out with a bad accident, which led to pain, then dependency on pain killers.
When pain killers didn’t help, he started on hard drugs. Now, he lives in someone’s storage unit. He sleeps on cardboard, eats out of a can, and showers at the Department Stores that still let him inside.
He has love standing and waiting for him to hit bottom, hoping that bottom won’t be death. But, we all have realized that help just means co-dependency to him and aids him in his addiction. All of us have learned our lesson. We hurt inside at the thought of his demise.
Why is he in my life? Why has God or Spirit chosen to put in me in charge of his life…
Let’s wait a second, right here. “Who are you in charge of who isn’t a child and is not you?”
Why do you feel it is your responsibility to take care of this person?
Answer a couple of pertinent questions:
- Is your help actually helping this person?
- Are you aiding in this person’s addiction or problem by being a constant source of help?
- Are you risking your own peace and love to aid in this person’s downward spiral?
- Are you losing sleep, health, and patience by aiding in this person’s life?
- Is this person your adult child? Do you still perceive him or her as yours to care for and guide?
- Do you believe that there is a Higher Force that can begin to help if you let go?
- Can you believe that this Stronger Power will keep you at peace while you watch your loved one hit bottom?
- If you can feel these feelings, you can let Divine Spirit take control. You have been the divine control (small “d” and “c”) in this person’s life. It’s time for the Super Power of the One Mind to take over: DIVINE CONTROL. This change of power may take days, weeks, months, years; but I tell you, it will happen. This is yours to let go of now.
- Many have walked in your shoes. Some have encouraging stories to tell. Most have no story to tell, as their loss it too large.
- But… and it’s a big but… these people know they made the best, most loving choice by letting go.
I’m knowing for you in this moment, a stronger power of self-control than you have ever known. I’m knowing that you can see the error of your ways—or even perhaps the love you have given is enough of your own life force—and it’s time to stop. It’s time for a more powerful Creative Source to take over.
You have no more tools in your human toolbox to help.
TOGETHER, WE RELEASE AND LET GO OF ALL THINGS THAT NO LONGER SERVE OUR LIVES. WE ARE OPEN AND WILLING FOR DIVINE CHANGE TO TAKE OVER. WE LET GO, AND LET THE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE TAKE CONTROL NOW!
- Release My Fears!
- A Guided Meditation about Personal Power over Negative Situations